23.8.12

Greenwich



 About two weeks ago on one of those rare sunny days we went to Greenwich. I can't believe it took me so long to go there after living in London for a year! Actually I will have to go back because the Observatory and the gardens were closed for the Olympics...
It was a very warm day with sun spells and some threatening dark clouds that look so good in pictures. Perfect!


 On our way to Waterloo station. Looking dark but we trusted the weather man.


 Even the Starbucks is nice in Greenwich.


 The Cutty Shark

 



 The Old Royal Naval College


 Canary Wharf in the distance.


 'Let this place be rest for my old age, let it be the end to me, tired of the sea and ways of war' - King George II


 Navy's biggest warship


 And a very well deserved drink after a long day!



All photos by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment